The demands on our Community Pantry have increased dramatically – donations of sewing machines, fabric, notions, and yarn are appreciated. Our Community Pantry is used for charitable projects. Due to community needs, our supplies are getting low.
Quilts of Valor
– Meets at the Charlton Sewing Center the last Sunday of the Month.
The Behwalay Water Project
-is complete! Behwalay is a village in Eastern Liberia on the border with Côte d’Ivoire. Over the years it has suffered the effects of civil war and crushing poverty. Its 550 residents are struggling to overcome this history and are working to rebuild their community. They have built a clinic and are building a well that will serve the clinic and a nearby school. Seventy five percent of the money has been raised and construction will start on the well this summer. Learn about the Water Project here.
Four Freedoms Neck Coolers
– Another THANK YOU from soldiers and families. Over 2000 neck coolers have been distributed over the past few years to hot spots where our soldiers are deployed. There is a tremendous demand for these.
Instructions for Neck Coolers.
by Deon Maas – The Anti-Ouch Pouch is a pillow that hangs from the shoulder, fitting snugly under the arm to cushion the area after breast surgery or during radiation treatment. surgery. The wedge shape gently holds the arm away from the body when the user is standing. The strap holds the pillow in place without having to use sore arm muscles to “clutch” it. The strap is adjustable and the fiberfill may be adjusted via the overlapped opening.
– We are a drop off point for quilts and crochet goods for Project Linus.
Call ahead for planning purposes. Also, check out our Fabric Pantry for fabric for Project Linus.
Community Fabric Pantry
– The Charlton Sewing Center welcomes fabric and sewing related donations
for our “Fabric Pantry”. Our shelves are getting bare! Fabric from this “pantry ” has gone to Linus Project quilts, scout projects, Mission trips and refugee family resettlement projects!
Community Yarn Pantry
– The Charlton Sewing Center welcomes yarn donations for our “Yarn Pantry”. Yarn from this “pantry” is available for charity projects. We would love more yarn for our pantry.
Community Sewing Machines
– We always accept sewing machines that you would like to donate to charity. Our technicians donate their time to repair machines os they may be provided to worthwhile causes.