Charity sewing project in need of supplies?
The Charlton Sewing Center Fabric Pantry just received a huge shipment in need of worthy projects. Call today with yours! 508.248.6632
Dresses for Africa
There is an ongoing need for simple clean clothing for children in remote communities across Sub Saharan Africa. Using the pillowcase dress pattern, the Charlton Sewing Center will host community sew-ins as opportunities to send the garments arise! We are also a drop-off location for these pillowcase dresses.
A special thanks goes out to Holice Turnbow and the dedicated women who successfully completed 300 dresses in three days! These dresses will be delivered October 10th, 2014!
Come see our wonderful pictures of the little girls in their dresses!
Conkerr Cancer –Ryan’s Case for Smiles!!!
The secret is out. ConKerr Cancer is now Ryan’s Case for Smiles. Our new name reflects the growth of our mission- serving all children with life changing illnesses and injuries. Our ultimate goal: Helping Kids Feel Better to Heal Better.
There’s more: Their 120 chapters will be delivering a celebratory One Millionth Pillowcase to a child in their local hospital on September 17th. Can you believe it! One million pillowcases! In 8 short years! All thanks to your love, support and hard work!
Special thanks to the Victoria Renaud and friends for their recent donation of over 200 pillowcases in loving memory of Emma and Jane!
Thanks also to Peabody High School for their recent donation of Conkerr Cancer Pillowcases!
by Deon Maas – The Anti-Ouch Pouch is a pillow that hangs from the shoulder, fitting snugly under the arm to cushion the area after breast surgery or during radiation treatment. surgery. The wedge shape gently holds the arm away from the body when the user is standing. The strap holds the pillow in place without having to use sore arm muscles to “clutch” it. The strap is adjustable and the fiberfill may be adjusted via the overlapped opening.
– This organization has asked, and we have enthusiastically responded! We are assisting with producing three styles of comfort pillows and a colorful carrying bag for post-breast-surgery comfort. Call the Charlton Sewing Center for patterns and more information. 508.248.6632
Special thanks to the American Sewing Guild! Their Community Sewing Day completed 43 completed full comfort packs in only one day!
NEXT COMMUNITY SEWING EVENT: Saturday November 21, 10:00- 4:00. Join the Charlton Sewing Center and the American Sewing Guild. Our goal is forty complete sets of tote bags and pillows!
– We are a drop off point for quilts and crochet goods for Project Linus.
Call ahead for planning purposes. Also, check out our Fabric Pantry for fabric for Project Linus.
Community Fabric Pantry
– The Charlton Sewing Center welcomes fabric and sewing related donations
for our “Fabric Pantry”. Our shelves are getting bare! Fabric from this “pantry ” has gone to Linus Project quilts, scout projects, Mission trips and refugee family resettlement projects!
Community Yarn Pantry
– The Charlton Sewing Center welcomes yarn donations for our “Yarn Pantry”. Yarn from this “pantry” is available for charity projects. We would love more yarn for our pantry.
Community Sewing Machines
– We always accept sewing machines that you would like to donate to charity. Our technicians donate their time to repair machines os they may be provided to worthwhile causes.